Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pre-Dublin Ruminations

So I meant to tell you all that I was going to Dublin. I meant to tell you to get ready for lots of Irish shenanigans and shamrocks and leprechauns and beer and all that. I meant to tell you how excited I was. I meant to tell you how excited I was to be going with Robin. I meant to tell you all this as I was waiting for Robin to get off the tube from Canterbury. But as usual I got distracted and failed to post all this.

Anyway, the distraction came as a knock on my floor. Yes floor. Drew who lives downstairs wanted me to come and play some drinking games with them downstairs. (This is the same Drew whose birthday we went to see Sister Act for, along with Cristin, Keelia, and Ruth) It was a very fun sticking-my-head-out-the-window conversation. So I went to play games, still waiting for Robin to let me know she'd arrived. Unfortunately her phone ran out of credit so she had to improvise, but we finally managed to get together.

We then Skyped with Kristen. There was a lot of laughter involved. It is good to see people's faces and catch up. She did get punched in the eye by her little brother while we were talking. It took us quite a long time to convince her to put something cold on it. The whole conversation was pretty funny. We said goodbye then we both went down to play some drinking games.

It was late to bed early to rise.

Some might say this is not the best way to start out a trip. Maybe. Maybe not. It was fun though. We did get to bed a bit late, and had to get up very early to catch a bus, to catch a... you get the idea. I think the name of this trip should be Dublin: Lots of Fun on Very Little Sleep.

I am finishing up the rest of the Dublin post(s) now. Get excited.

No comments: