Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Small Happenings

So I am behind again. Too much stuff going on to post about it all, so I am going to attempt today to catch up on everything. Key word there being attempt.

Last Tuesday I did work most of the day. Yes, actually doing the study part of studying abroad. But that night Toni came to hang out for a bit and we decided that we were both starving and wanted some Indian food. So we made our way to Brick Lane.

The moment we stepped foot on the road we were propositioned by various Indian restaurants to eat there. Finally a guy stopped us and after we seemed hesitant he offered free drinks, then more hesitant, and he offered us 20% off our meal. (I later find that this is the norm there, so if you go to Indian food at Brick Lane, hold out until you get at least this deal.) So in we went and had some delicious Indian curry and Tikka Masala with naan and rice. Then back to Mile End. It was a really fun, unexpected night out to just chill and enjoy some good food and good company.

On Wednesday I went to Regents Park where the LSE ultimate team was practicing. I found out about it from my friend Prith (Yay for Trojan Family connections!) and we met up there. It's an Open team, but there were about 6 girls. I have never been happier to just run around and throw a disc. I definitely needed to get out and do something physical. I will play with them for the rest of the semester so I am not completely out of practice (they also do conditioning, so I am keeping up with it if any Hellions are reading) when I get back to play at USC. They are also an awesome group of people (what Ultimate people aren't) and am excited to have a place to go and play.

Thursday is my day of classes, but as I was doing my grocery shopping beforehand, Toni called me. There was pumpkin carving on campus! So I hightailed it back home, schlepping the groceries from Sainsbury's. Then went downstairs to meet Toni and carve a pumpkin.


The volunteer program at QMUL, Provide, was sponsoring it. They were donating all of the carved pumpkins and the money they made to the children's hospital. We carved a "scary" pumpkin. The British girls were amazed at our pumpkin carving skills. We are American, we do this every year. It was really fun though, and a small moment of home-ness.


That night OJ came to visit for the weekend, so more fun and adventures happened then, but the week preceding all that was chilled out with bits of friends, food and fun.

No comments: