Tuesday, September 30, 2008

English Papers

This picture is representation of I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH! from my sister. 

It's 9:24 on a Tuesday night. I am sitting here in my room that is still just a little too warm from the heat of the day, correcting my sister's english paper, and thinking to myself... have I done this before? 

You know how somethings change, and other things really don't? I have corrected dozens of papers for my sister, but the reason it strikes me tonight, is that we are both in college now. It's almost a ritual that I don't think about we've been doing it for so long. It doesn't strike me as strange that I would correct my sister's paper from over 1000 miles away, which is kind of strange. 

My sister started a blog. Blogs are this fascinating way of communicating with other people without really communicating with other people. So I guess she's close, and yet, she's far. Surreal. 

But back to the point (if I even had one) is that by correcting my sister's paper, however ridiculous that might be, I feel closer to her, and I stay connected, which makes me happy. So I just thought that I would share that.

No comments: