Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hernia Update 2

It's been almost a week since surgery. The bandages have come off, and it looks as though I am going to have a pretty sweet 1"-1 1/2" scar. See?

Incision with Steri-Strips over it.

Other than some itchiness (lots of sticky bandageness) and some pain doing some everyday unavoidable things, like coughing, sneezing, and laughing, it's healing well and I am pretty much back to happy-go-lucky me (minus lifting things, turning my torso, etc.). Laughing is by far the most painful though. 

Today I am headed out to go Christmas shopping, finishing off all the people on the list, my family is HUGE, so there are a lot of them. I'm excited for seeing family and catching up and good food and presents, usually I'm excited for the laughter, but this year... maybe I should buy myself a brace or something :) This is also good news because I have been off pain killers for long enough to actually 'operate heavy machinery.' I was pretty loopy there for awhile. 

I'm really glad that I got surgery before Christmas though, because it gives me a few weeks to recover at home, and I am not as tempted to try to go grocery shopping, to the laundromat, try to throw a crazy hammer, etc. By the time I get back to school in January I will be able to lightly exercise and start throwing gently again, and my goal is to be back in reasonable shape by the 8-week mark, Feb. 11, which is when I can play Ultimate again. Which means I can play (if everything goes according to plan) in Pres Day

So here is to... 6 days until stitches, etc. come out,
22 days until working out and throwing, 
and 57 days until Ultimate!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: