Monday, July 28, 2008

When one procrastinates on packing...

One comes to try to do anything else that needs to be done in order not to pack. You might not know this about me, but I loathe packing. I also love to travel, so this strong dislike of putting everything into a bag, moving it, taking it out, putting it back in, moving it, unpacking and washing, is actually rather counterproductive. 

In approximately 7 hours I will be getting on a red-eye to head to New York to hang out with Rex, Bambi, and Jesus (girls from ultimate) and have a week of crazy adventures. I am really excited about this!

In other news, I went and visited LA for a few days. I stayed with Ben, as well as visiting with other SC people that we ran into. LA continues to amaze me at how mobile a person can be in the urban sprawl without a car or even a bike. Ben and I went to campus, visited areas close by (PS. Lindsey's pool party was really fun! Yeah for kiddie pools) as well as wandering around Old Town Pasadena. It was a really good 2 1/2 days.

Although, in the usual manner of things in my life, things never stopped. As soon as I got off the plane I met up with other Tahoe people who dropped me off at the car dealership to get my mom's car, then I drove straight to Zephyr Cove to go to the USC SCend Off BBQ. It was fun to see the band play and walk straight into the lake still playing. If I was a Song Girl (highly unlikely) I would have been really happy to get in the water, those sweaters must have been stiflingly hot. I also got to see Aggro, who was playing with the band! Then home for about 20 minutes and then I rode my bike to my grandma's house for yet another engagement party for my father. You would think with all this hoopla that this was their first wedding... at least the food was good and I got to talk with people I haven't seen in a really long time.
Last night I went to the Toby Keith concert with Kristen. This was absolutely hilarious actually. Toby Keith's music doesn't always appeal to me, but let's face it, seeing people of all ages drunkenly swaying and reveling in their nonconformity to sophisticated, higher educated lifestyles, it is pretty funny. Hearing thousands cheer when he says the word "redneck" or "bastards" is pretty funny. Also, I don't think that you could really get away with wearing cowboy 
hats and boots, beer belly baring shirts, and I Love Heifers T-shirts anywhere else (except where there is a cow within the next 10 miles). He also has a penchant for changing the lyrics of his own songs to be more offensive or crude... interesting insight I suppose. 

Now that I have wasted some more time... I really should get packing.

No comments: